Pest flora and fauna pose significant financial, environmental and social threats throughout the region, which is why CHRRUP has been involved in pest management activities since its inception. We have been involved in the delivery of a wide range of pest management services to agricultural, government and energy sectors including:
- Community engagement – knowledge sharing workshops including weed and pest field days, trapping and baiting workshops, weed identification and spraying workshops
- Pest management programs – trapping and baiting programs for wild dogs and feral pigs, weed eradication programs
- Plan development – regional pest management strategy, specific weed and pest management plans
- Survey – pest and weed surveys including ongoing monitoring
- Funding – development and delivery of state and federal funding applications for pest management activities
- Best practice – weed hygiene training.